Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How To Get To Heaven

(LEAVE IT TOTHE CHILDREN)

I was testing the children in my Sunday School class to see if they understood the concept
of getting to heaven.  I asked them, 'If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, Would that get me into Heaven?'

'NO!' the children answered.

'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?'

Again, the answer was, 'NO!'

By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun!  'Well, then," I asked. "If I was kind to animals
and gave candy to all the children, ad loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven?'. I asked them again.

Again, they all answered, 'NO!'

I was just bursting with pride for them. "Well," I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven?"

A five-year-old boy shouted out,  "YOU GOTTA BE DEAD."

No comments: