Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Everything is Illuminated - Trailer

I had my cable service disconnected last week. I have committed to at least three months of no cable so I have lots of time to catch up on DVDs. I watched "Everything is Illuminated" this past weekend and enjoyed it so much I have to recommend it. Parts are subtitled so you must be wide awake to watch.

Based on the critically-acclaimed novel by Jonathan Safran Foer, "Everything is Illuminated" tells the story of a young man's quest to find the woman who saved his grandfather in a small Ukrainian town that was wiped off the map by the Nazi invasion. What starts out as a journey to piece together one family's story under absurd circumstances turns into a meaningful journey with a powerful series of revelations -- the importance of remembrance, the perilous nature of secrets, the legacy of the Holocaust, and the meaning of friendship.


1 comment:

Dostoy said...

I read the book a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Now I'm anxious to see the movie. From what I've heard, the book and film have some interesting differences...and both are great.