Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

— Joseph Campbell

4 comments:

billie said...

nice one.

Philip Friday said...

true. but i wish the author acknowledged the fact that God has a plan for our lives anyway.

eaprez said...

not everyone believes in God - great that you do but not everyone is of the same opinion. When you dismiss other people on the basis of your own beliefs you fall into the trap of dogma which is not good for anyone!the person quoted here doesn't dismiss God in fact one could take it to mean "let go, let God."

Philip Friday said...

i agree with your comment. thanks for the reference though. I am proud of it by the way: the fact that I love the Lord and believe in Jesus Christ as my personal savior. I wish everybody did and saw the need to believe strongly in God. I don't intend to dismiss anybody for whatever reason. I will never dismiss anybody at all. I think everybody deserves a chance to experience the love of God. I know that what I believe is true and I will always defend it. Am also not willing to pacify it for whatever reason. But as you say, I just need to present it in a more modest way. I only wish the person quoted here mentioned or included what you have said above. If they meant it, then it doesn't hurt to include God's name in it. that is just the way it goes.