Saturday, September 15, 2007

Led Zeppelin Reunion

Yes, it's Robert Plant, who will regroup with guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones for the first Led Zeppelin gig in 19 years.

Jason Bonham, son of late Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, will be banging the skins for the performance, part of a tribute concert to late Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun. The show is scheduled for Nov. 26 at the O2 Arena in London and also is set to feature Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings, Foreigner (yes!) and Paolo Nutini.

Tickets will be available by lottery at www.ahmettribute.com, but good luck even reaching the Web site at this point. Others apparently have the same idea.

This Zeppelin reunion is being billed as a one-time only affair. Is that a good thing to preserve the mystique? Or would you rather see them launch a big reunion tour?

Original

4 comments:

Yar said...

I went to the lottery site and managed to register for the lottery (see my blog). Just knowing I'm registered is almost as cool as being able to see the concert.

Nah, not really. The question is if I would want to spend $2,000 to go.

Beth said...

If I had it - I'd pay it. Of course this reunion wouldn't be at the top of my list but I'd go see them in a heartbeat.

Yar said...

Pink Floyd would trump Zeppelin. And I've seen them once and've never seen Zep. But there you go.

Beth said...

Pink Floyd is probably at the top of my list as well. I still have their live appearance at the One concert on my Tivo. I saw them once as well here in Ohio at an outdoor venue....