Your whole house will smell divine when you cook this casserole spaghetti recipe. The sauce simmers for an hour, and it is so fragrant, you'll wish you could eat it all up right away!
Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
* 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 10.75-ounce can Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
* 3/4 cup water
* 1 16-ounce can tomatoes, undrained & chopped
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
* 2 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 1 5-ounce jar pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
* 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook meat, green pepper, onion, celery, and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring until meat crumbles; drain well, and return mixture to Dutch oven.
2. Stir in soup, water, tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4. Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
5. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
6. Stir spaghetti, cheese cubes, and olives into meat sauce.
7. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11x7x1.5-inch baking dish.
8. Cover and bake at 325F degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
9. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup shredded cheese, and bake, uncovered, 10 additional minutes.
Casserole Spaghetti may be prepared ahead, omitting shredded cheese:
1. Cover and chill 8 hours.
2. Remove from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
3. Cover and bake at 325F degrees for 45 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
4. Uncover and sprinkle with shredded cheese; bake 10 additional minutes.