Sunday, October 20, 2013
Bourbon Vanilla Pumpkin Roll
2/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) 1 2/3 cups Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 packages (8 oz each) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened 2 cups powdered sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla 4 teaspoons bourbon
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with waxed paper; spray paper with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, beat eggs with whisk until fluffy and light yellow, about 2 minutes. Add pumpkin, dry cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir until combined. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly to corners.
3. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen cake from sides of pan and turn upside down onto dish towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove pan and waxed paper. Carefully roll up cake in towel. Cool completely on cooling rack, seam side down, about 1 hour.
4. In large bowl, beat all frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
5. Carefully unroll cooled cake and remove towel. Spread about two-thirds of the frosting over cake to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up cake; carefully place on serving plate. Frost with remaining frosting. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or until set.