Friday, October 25, 2013
General Tsao's Chicken
■4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
■1/2 cup water
■3 T hoisen sauce
■2 T soy sauce
■1/2 cup brown sugar
■3 T ketchup
■1/4 tsp dry ginger
■1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (more or less to liking)
■1 T cornstarch
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together water, hoisen sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, ginger, and crushed red pepper.
2. If you aren’t using a liner for your crockpot, spray crockpot with cooking spray and add chicken. Add sauce on top.
3. Cook for 4-6 hours on low. Remove chicken and cut into chunks.
4. Whisk cornstarch in the sauce to thicken it up. If it isn’t quite to desired thickness, slowly add more cornstarch teaspoon by teaspoon. But be careful because it can thicken up fast.
5. Add chicken back to the crockpot and allow to heat through for another 15 minutes.
6. Serve over hot rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.