Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Easy Spinach Stuffed Peppers
What You'll Need
4 cups Herb Seasoned Stuffing
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Vegetable cooking spray
3 medium green or red peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 package (about 10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir 1/2 cup stuffing and butter in a small bowl and reserve.
2. Spray an 11x8x2-inch baking dish with the cooking spray. Arrange the pepper halves, cut-side up, in the baking dish.
3. Stir the soup, sour cream, onion powder, spinach and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Add the remaining stuffing and mix lightly. Spoon about 1/2 cup spinach mixture into each pepper half. Sprinkle with the reserved stuffing mixture.
4. Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the spinach mixture is hot and bubbling. Top each with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.