Friday, November 01, 2013

GOP Congressional Candidate Switches Parties, Saying Hate Has No Home in Representation

If you’re as tired of the Republican Party inciting hatred between family members and neighbors as I am, then this will make your day.
Congressional candidate and Army veteran Jason Thigpen was formerly a Republican, seeking election to the U.S. House in North Carolina’s 3rd Congressional District, running against Republican Representative Walter Jones. But Thigpen switched parties yesterday. He is now running as a Democrat.

Thigpen said, “Enough is enough. After discussing it with my wife and family, I’ve decided to run as a Democrat rather than a Republican. I simply cannot stand with a Party where its most extreme element promote hate and division amongst people.”

Mr. Thigpen says his platform won’t change. He’s just divorcing himself from hate. “The government shutdown was simply the straw that broke the camels back. I guess being an American just isn’t good enough anymore and I refuse to be part of an extremist movement in the GOP that only appears to thrive on fear and hate mongering of anyone and everyone who doesn’t walk their line.”

Read more

No comments: