1 lbItalian sausage (I like mild sausage)
2 largerusset baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 largeonion, chopped
1/4 cupbacon bits (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cupskale or 2 cupsswiss chard, chopped
2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 cupheavy whipping cream
1. Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
2. Brown sausage in your soup pot.
3. Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
4. Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in the pot.
5. Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
6 Add bacon.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
9. Turn to low heat.
10. Add kale and cream.
11. Heat through and serve.