Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Martha Washington Candy
Legend has it that the first First Lady was quite the cook, so as you might expect, this recipe for Martha Washington Candy is one of the best recipes for candy we've found. With the delicious tastes of buttery coconut, condensed milk and pecans, there's little room for improvement on this old-fashioned easy dessert recipe. Best of all, each scrumptious candy bite is dipped in chocolate to create the ultimate heavenly sweet. Add this to your collection of no bake dessert recipes because everyone loves this candy creation!
• 1 can condensed milk
• 1 cup butter, melted
• 2 pounds confectioners sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 7 ounces coconut
• 4 cups chopped pecans
• chocolate, for dipping
1. Mix all ingredients, except chocolate.
2. Form into little balls and place on wax paper.
3. Melt chocolate according to package instructions and dip balls into chocolate.
4. Return to wax paper and let set until chocolate is hardened.