After a busy weekend, what you really want on Sunday night is a quick and easy to prepare dinner. That's where this Sunday Night Noodle Bake comes in. This is one of those easy pasta casseroles that you can whip up in no time. Made with egg noodles, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, sour cream and butter, this is a delicious all-in-one meal that everyone in the family will love. Try it this Sunday night!
Cooking Time: 25 min
• 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, quartered
• 2 medium onions, finely chopped
• 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
• 3 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
• 1 cup soft bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place the Brussels sprouts and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and cook until tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown.
4. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese, garlic, paprika, salt, and caraway seeds.
5. Drain sprouts; add to onion mixture with noodles.
6. Spread into a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
7. Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
8. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.