Thursday, January 23, 2014
Slow-Cooker Steak and Potatoes Dinner
1 1/2 lb beef tip steak, trimmed
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sliced onions
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon sugar
1 bag (19 oz) frozen garden vegetable medley
1. Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of beef with flour, salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook beef in oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on both sides.
2. Place onions in slow cooker. Top with beef and tomatoes; sprinkle with sugar.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until beef is tender.
4. About 15 minutes before steak is ready to serve, microwave vegetables (potatoes are in the medley) as directed on bag. Stir into beef mixture.
* Use top or bottom round steak for the beef tip steak in this recipe. Look for a cut that is on sale for added savings.