Monday, March 24, 2014

35 Tricks To Climb Out Of A Bad Mood

These are the words that I (rather melodramatically) whisper-shouted a few days ago while pawing through my bathroom cabinets. After a 16-hour work day and ages stuck in traffic, I’d officially reached that overtired, non-rational emotional state where just about anything will push you over the edge.

And in this case? It was the discovery that I was out of toothpaste.

Which was obviously the end of the world and probably a direct result of some failure on my part and indicative of my value as a human being.

But I eventually unearthed a tiny travel sized tube of toothpaste, brushed my pearly whites, and lived to blog another day. Close call, right?

Bad moods happen to the best of us, but they don’t have to derail your day or infect your relationships. Really! Here are 35 of my favorite ways to get out of a funk.

1. Start the flow of positive energy—do something good for someone else!

Maybe that’s popping quarters in an expired parking meter or just holding the door.

2. Play your favorite music super loud. Sing off-key at the top of your lungs.

How off-key can you get? Have a one-person dance party in front of the mirror, in your pajamas! (PS. This is one of my all-time favorite things to do when I’m stressed out.)

3. Indulge in your “guilty pleasures.”

Maybe that’s chocolate cake, back-to-back episodes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, cheese and a stack of US Weekly magazines. Of course, these are guilty pleasures because we only do them once in a while.

Read more

No comments: