As far as simple chicken recipes are concerned, this recipe for Stupid Chicken is king of them all. With just five basic ingredients, a slow cooker and six to eight hours to kill, you can create one of the tastiest dinners your family has ever eaten. Don't be fooled by the name of this dish... it may be stupidly easy to prepare, but the end result is brilliantly delicious. If you've been looking for a foolproof slow cooker chicken recipe to add to your collection of easy weeknight dinner ideas, this is it!
Cooking Time: 8 hr
• 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
• 1 (28-ounce) can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
• 1 envelope Herb and Garlic Recipe soup mix (Lipton's or similar)
• hot cooked rice or pasta
• Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Mix chicken, tomatoes and soup mix together, and pour into slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Serve over rice or bow tie pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
If you have an oven, you can do this in an oven-browning bag. Bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Zucchini and mushrooms are nice additions to the recipe.