This Back in Time Fudge is a classic fudge recipe that will make your mouth water just looking at it! With simple flavors and a rich chocolaty taste, this easy fudge recipe tops my list of the best chocolate dessert recipes ever. You can't beat a treat as decadent and simple to make as this!
• 2/3 cup milk
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 2 cups sugar
• dash of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix milk and cocoa in pan over low heat until cocoa is dissolved.
2. Add sugar, salt and cream of tartar. Cook and stir over medium heat till soft ball stage.
3. Remove from heat. Add 2-3 tablespoons of butter or margarine. Let cool until butter is melted (or a little longer if you want). Add vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until it starts to set up.
4. Pour into buttered pan and let cool.