Friday, February 20, 2015
Beyond Easy King Ranch Casserole
This king of all casseroles gets a punch of great flavor from picante sauce, chili powder and green onions. This Beyond Easy King Ranch Casserole is a flavorful way to use leftover chicken or turkey that will have your family coming back for more!
Serves: 8 (about 1 cup each)
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
• 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
• 3/4 cup Picante Sauce
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
• 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
• 12 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
• sliced green onion
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Stir the soup, picante sauce, sour cream, chili powder, tomatoes and chicken in a medium bowl.
3.Place half the tortillas in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with half the chicken mixture. Repeat the layers. Sprinkle with the cheese.
4.Bake for 40 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the green onion. Serve with additional picante sauce and sour cream.