Thursday, May 28, 2015
Prep Time:40 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 10 min
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 large onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
2 cups (16 oz) fat-free ricotta cheese
1 cup (8 oz) reduced-fat sour cream
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups organic salsa, any flavor
8 corn tortillas (6-inch diameter), cut in half
1 1/4 cups shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese (5 oz)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove to a medium bowl. Wipe skillet with paper towel. Spray with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to chicken in the bowl.
3. In another medium bowl, stir together ricotta, sour cream, green chilies, cilantro, cumin and salt.
4. Spread 1 cup of the salsa across bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over salsa. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over tortillas. Top with half of the chicken mixture. Top with 1 cup of the remaining salsa and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layering with remaining tortillas, ricotta mixture and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup salsa and 3/4 cup cheese.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Loosely cover with foil if the cheese browns too quickly.