Sunday, February 11, 2007

Friends

One of my favorite internet friends - who supplies much of the funny stuff you see here - sent me this little email a while back and I thought I'd share his insights - I hope he doesn't mind.

I was gone for a few days visiting my brother-in-law and his wife in Virginia and my oldest grandson and his family in Evans, Georgia. I was really surprised at how our country has changed. I don't know if it because of global warming, the Democrats taking control of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, Maybe it's because the Florida State football team being shut out at home for the first time since Bobby Bowden became head coach in 1976. Better yet maybe because of the great news that Rumsfeld had resigned. The big change I noticed was when I departed Tallahassee, I drove 410 miles before I ever saw one of those orange barrels indicating road repairs were being conducted. Then today when I left Evans, Georgia I drove approximately 200 miles before I saw a barrel. There was a sign that read, "Road repairs the next 22 miles." I saw many barrels during those 22 miles, but not one person working. As I drove those 22 miles, I said to myself, "Myself, I wish years ago I had bought stock in the company that makes those orange barrels." Anyway, I am home and I'll be forwarding the jokes as we all know laughter is the best medicine.


Dick, Dad, Grandpa (as approriate)

No comments: