Thursday, August 01, 2013
Alabama Mud Cake
Give your taste buds and senses and overload of pleasure with this fantastic Alabama Mud Cake. Cake mix recipes never looked so good; you'll love the combination of pineapple, cherries, chocolate chips and deviled cake. It's loaded with sweet, delicious flavors!
•1 can crushed pineapple, (20-ounce) with juice
•1 can cherry pie filling, (21-ounce)
•1 package devil's food cake mix, (18.25-ounce) (also other ingredients noted on box)
•1 cup chopped pecans
•1/2 cup chocolate chips (make it mint chocolate chips if desired)
•1/2 cup butter, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Pour pineapple with juice into prepared pan, spreading evenly to make the first layer.
3. Spread cherry pie filling over the pineapple layer, then spread the cake mix (as prepared on box) over the cherry pie filling.
4. Sprinkle the cake mix layer with pecans and mint chocolate chips, then distribute the sliced butter evenly over the top.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.