Monday, February 24, 2014

5 Practices for a Healthy Relationship with Yourself

Our relationship with ourselves influences every aspect of our lives—but it took me a long time to recognize this. Having spent years trying to fix things on the outside, trying harder at work, focusing on my relationships with other people, and living as busy and productive a life as possible, the penny finally dropped.

I knew I could grow more, do more, and be more, but something was missing.

Although I started pursuing personal development to make my external life better, I quickly learned that this wasn’t going to happen until I had nurtured another missing key ingredient: self-connection.

If we don’t have a good relationship with ourselves, then we’re unlikely to be happy, unlikely to achieve our deepest goals and desires, and unlikely to live to our full potential.

It takes time to develop any deep and intimate relationship, whether that’s with ourselves or others, and I’ve found the following five practices useful to kickstart this process.

No comments: